Welcome to our completely unique, online ‘Let’s learn to read Qur’an’ programme, available to all at absolutely no cost.
We recognise that not everyone is able to readily access regular lessons in the art of learning to read the Holy Qur’an. Perhaps you are learning to read the Qur’an and require extra practise whenever the time affords. This is where our website will serve to help, Insha’Allah.
- It doesn’t matter if you are young or old; already able to read the Qur’an and wish to simply revise the basics, or a complete beginner.
- The programme is principally designed to provide extra practise in learning to read the Qur’an and should be used in conjunction with your regular teacher-led classes. It must not TAKE THE PLACE of a suitable teacher, and will only be advantageous when used with the aid of a teacher or someone well versed in the reading of the Holy Qur’an.
- The programme commences from the alphabet, teaching the sounds, the vowels and then moves through the sections progressively towards constructing words, and ultimately complete ayahs (verses).
- It is imperative to work through the sections in the prescribed order as they are akin to building blocks. Each consecutive section will build on the knowledge in the previous sections. Skipping lessons may only delay progress.
- The programme is split into lessons which can be studied at one’s own pace, taking as long as is necessary on any particular lesson before progressing to the next.
- Please resist the urge to rush ahead before you have mastered the lesson. Should you find you are having difficulty in identifying certain letters or sounds, this is an indication that you are moving too quickly, so slow down or revert to previous lessons.
- Once you have made the time and effort to master the basics, Insha’Allah you will attain fluent and correct recitation of the Quran with ease. Please do not compromise quality at the risk of achieving quantity, as surely the former is far more important.
- Please note, you will be learning to recite through implementing some of the basic rules of tajweed without at this stage having studied those rules. This can follow later Insha’Allah.
- Where possible, words and extracts have been taken from the Holy Quran.
- Simply click on the play button for audio. Start at the top right hand corner of the table and move towards the left. Where applicable, there will be a link to the main website with details of the rule being covered in that particular lesson should you wish to study it further.
PLEASE NOTE : We are experiencing a technical problem with the audio. Please bear with us as we try to rectify it as soon as possible, inshaAllah.
Proceed to the First Section